Transition Coaching in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, and Palm Beach, and Orlando Florida
At Innovative Counseling Services, Inc., we realize that life is one transition after another. We take a highly personalized approach to providing you with the support you need move through challenges during your transitions. Our unique approach is based on a mind body theory with wide use of psychotherapy, mediation, and life coaching to help couples, families, teens, and adults move through life with more ease and less stress. Our flexible approach allows us to work with you in ways that meet your personal needs and style. Whatever your life challenges let us help and support you move through them effectively.
What is Transition Coaching?
Transition Coaching is a way for you to navigate life change more smoothly so as to achieve greater success before, during, and after any kind of transition. For example, our new offices in Fort. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, and Palm Beach, Florida specifically focus on families working through situations such as parenting, behavioral, and work problems, as well as mediation among family member who are taking care of their aging parents.
ICS also offers guidance through the following types of transitions. Are you:
- Becoming a New Parent?
- Facing remarriage and/or a blended family?
- Weighing the pros and cons of relocating?
- Thinking about making a job or career change?
- A professional woman who “hears her biological time clock ticking?”
- A stay-at-home mother deciding whether or not to go back to work?
- Navigating the currents of mid-life change?
- A college student who is returning home?
- A “sandwich generation” woman figuring out how to balance the responsibilities of raising children and caring for elderly parents while maintaining a marriage and career and still finding time for herself?
- A parent facing an “empty nest”?
- A “Baby Boomer” planning for retirement?
- Navigating new job stress but need to learn how to manage and cope?
In Person, Telephone, & Videoconference Services Available. For inquiries and appointments, please use our contact section.
We start with an initial assessment lasting approximately 60 to 75 minutes. During this time, we take a brief personal and psychosocial history to develop an understanding of the important aspects of your life (employment, interests, family, friends, relationships and goals). We then provide a psychological and motivational assessment, examine your current support system, review your coping resources, and the progress you have already made in working on your challenges. During the assessment our goal is to examine and shed light on some of the struggles you are facing and develop a plan with you to move through the obstacles you face.
For some people, there may be difficulty with common psychological issues like anxiety, depression, eating disorders, trauma, substance use, or other psychological conditions. We may recommend ongoing psychotherapy and or additional medication-focused consultation. For others, the issues may be more about motivation, feeling stuck or in a rut or wanting to make a shift in your life and career goals. These types of things may be better addressed using a “life-coaching” approach that allows you to problem-solve, seek advice, and achieve accountability for setting and reaching your new goals.
Whatever the situation, we work with you to develop a realistic plan of action.
Individual & Couples Psychotherapy & Life Coaching Sessions
- Standard Fee $ 125.00 – Reduced rates available based on financial need.
- Sessions typically last 50 minutes (although 30 minute options are available). You will choose with input from your therapist or coach whether you come once per week or less or more frequently.
Group Therapy & Group Coaching
- Standard Fee 50 min. $ 125.00; 30 min. $75.00